You need a hunting license if you are:
- 12 years and older and using a firearm or bow to hunt or take wild game. Persons under age 12 cannot hunt.
- Junior Hunters (12-15): review regulations and information for junior hunters, ages 12-15.
- Additional Privileges/Permits: depending on the season and species you are hunting you may need additional privileges or permits. These are listed in the table above.
You do not need a hunting license if you are:
- A resident landowner primarily engaged in farming (including lessees and members of their immediate families) when small game hunting on farmlands they are occupying and cultivating.
- A Native American living and hunting on reservation land.
- Hunting on a licensed shooting preserve or big game shooting facility.
Note: To hunt turkey, all hunters must purchase a turkey permit. There are no exceptions.